Every musician’s development can be greatly enhanced through private lessons, and lessons through New York Jazz Academy ensure you will be provided with effective, inspiring and personalized instruction. Private lessons are available at your home, at a music rehearsal studio, at the teacher’s private studio, or via video-conferencing. Our teachers all meet strict criteria as educators and musicians. They are also selected based on their communication skills and ability to work well with students of all ages. Lessons are 55-60 minutes. Tuition payment schedules are flexible, and you can start and end at any time. All lesson packages expire 180 days from date of purchase, giving you plenty of time to schedule and use all your lessons.
NYJA private teachers are leaders in the vibrant New York City jazz scene, touring and recording with name bands, playing in hit Broadway shows and famous jazz clubs. These artists are also teachers and mentors. So you’ll be getting insights from the best of the best. The New York Jazz Academy recognizes the value in private lessons and moreover, realizes the impact the right teacher can have on a student.
How It Works
- Starting private lessons with NYJA is simple.
- If you are ready to get started, your next step is to prepay for a lesson package. Once you have registered for lessons, we will contact you via email within 48 business hours to facilitate scheduling and placement with your teacher.
- If you are not quite ready to register, but would first like to be advised or ask a few more questions, feel free to contact us at any time.
- Manhattan (Various Locations)
- Brooklyn (Various Locations)
- Queens (Various Locations)
- Long Island (Syosset)
- Worldwide (via Skype)
- Ask About Other Locations
- Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall Semesters.
- Weekdays, Weeknights, Weekends.
- By Appointment, arranged according to your schedule.
- Want to start now? NYJA offers rolling admission for all private lessons. Contact us to get started.
Benefits (“The NYJA Difference”)
- Learn from top NYC talent.
- Become a part of a dynamic learning environment.
- Forge lasting relationships with other musicians.
- Performance opportunities year-round.
- Scheduling flexibility and support.
- Benefit from NYJA advisers, in addition to your private teacher.
- If you must cancel a lesson, please contact the NYJA office in writing (email or letter) at least 48-72 hours before your scheduled lesson. Lessons in the teacher’s studio must be cancelled within 48-72 hours of the scheduled lesson time in order for the student to receive a makeup lesson. Makeup lessons will be scheduled by the teacher. Lessons that are not cancelled at least 48-72 hours before your scheduled lesson time will be forfeited. Visit our Policies page for complete information.
If your schedule is quite erratic, we recommend that you pay lesson-to-lesson with a “One (1) Lesson Package.” If you prepay for a “One (1) Lesson Package” and you cannot find, and agree upon, a time with your private teacher within 180 days from date of purchase, we will refund your prepayment. This scheduling guarantee is only valid with the “One (1) Lesson Package”.