Every musician’s development can be greatly enhanced through private lessons, and lessons through New York Jazz Academy® ensure you will be provided with effective, inspiring and personalized instruction. Private lessons are available at your home, at a music rehearsal studio, at the teacher’s private studio, or via video-conferencing. Our teachers all meet strict criteria as educators and musicians. They are also selected based on their communication skills and ability to work well with students of all ages. Lessons are 55-60 minutes. Tuition payment schedules are flexible, and you can start and end at any time. All lesson packages expire 180 days from date of purchase, giving you plenty of time to schedule and use all your lessons.
NYJA® private teachers are leaders in the vibrant New York City jazz scene, touring and recording with name bands, playing in hit Broadway shows and famous jazz clubs. These artists are also teachers and mentors. So you’ll be getting insights from the best of the best. New York Jazz Academy® recognizes the value in private lessons and, moreover, realizes the impact the right teacher can have on a student.
New York Jazz Academy® provides instruction as follows:
- Private Saxophone Lessons
- Private Flute Lessons
- Private Clarinet Lessons
- Private Trumpet Lessons
- Private Trombone Lessons
- Private Tuba Lessons
- Private Guitar Lessons
- Private Piano Lessons
- Private Bass Lessons
- Private Drum Lessons
- Private Percussion Lessons
- Private Voice Lessons (singing lessons)
- Private Composition Lessons
- Private Arranging Lessons
- Private Music Theory Lessons
- Private Alexander Technique Lessons
How It Works
Starting private lessons with NYJA® is simple.
- Manhattan (Various Locations)
- Brooklyn (Various Locations)
- Queens (Various Locations)
- Long Island (Syosset)
- Worldwide (via NYJA® Online)
- Ask About Other Locations
- By Appointment, arranged according to your schedule.
- Want to start now? NYJA offers rolling admission for all private lessons. Contact us to get started.
Benefits (“The NYJA® Difference”)
- Learn from top NYC talent.
- Become a part of a dynamic learning environment.
- Forge lasting relationships with other musicians.
- Performance opportunities year-round.
- Scheduling flexibility and support.
- Benefit from NYJA® advisers, in addition to your private teacher.
If you must cancel a lesson, please contact the NYJA® office in writing (email or letter) at least 72 hours before your scheduled lesson. Lessons in the teacher’s studio must be cancelled within 72 hours of the scheduled lesson time in order for the student to receive a makeup lesson. Makeup lessons will be scheduled by the teacher. Lessons that are not cancelled at least 72 hours before your scheduled lesson time will be forfeited. Visit our policies page for complete information.
If your schedule is quite erratic, we recommend that you pay lesson-to-lesson with a “One (1) Lesson Package.” If you prepay for a “One (1) Lesson Package” and you cannot find, and agree upon, a time with your private teacher within 180 days from date of purchase, we will refund your prepayment. This scheduling guarantee is only valid with the “One (1) Lesson Package”.