Small Ensemble (In-Person)
|Location||Address||Start Date||End Date||Regular Meet Days||Semester|
NYJA @ Michiko Rehearsal Studios, 149 W. 46 St., New York, NY 10036
Mon Tue Wed Thu
DescriptionWelcome back to NYJA® in-person ensemble opportunities. We are elated to be back (and still standing!). This is the general tuition registration page for all Manhattan New York Jazz Academy® Small Ensembles. Please submit your registration for your ensemble through this page. Most NYJA® Small Ensembles meet for 8 1hr,50min weekly sessions per semester. Occasionally, an ensemble will meet for 7 or 9 sessions, depending on calendar holidays. A concert/performance date may, on occasion, be added, either as an extra session or as a substitute session. Schedules and locations are coordinated with each student through the NYJA® Office. View the school calendar here.
Want an even lower tuition rate? Sign up for our 1-year program
- Pay per semester, with no commitment necessary. You may withdraw at any time, with no penalties.
- Authorize tuition submissions for the 1st five semesters, over the course of the year, and receive the 6th semester at an additional 50% discount
Small Ensemble Times/DatesManhattan Small Ensemble section dates/hours for late spring semester are listed below. Ensembles delve into a cross-section of jazz repertoire as determined by the ensemble teacher and coaches. Participants tend to range from rhythm section players (drums, bass, piano, guitar) to horns/vocals (saxophone, trumpet, trombone, etc.). Capacity is limited, as dictated by current social-distancing measures. Read more below regarding health and safety measures.
- MONDAYS 6pm-7:50pm (dates: April 26-June 21)
- TUESDAYS 6pm-7:50pm (dates: April 27-June 15)
- WEDNESDAYS 7pm-8:50pm (dates: April 28-June 16)
- THURSDAYS 7pm-8:50pm (dates: April 29-June 17)
- WEEKEND options will be announced at a later date.